Barbara S. Henk
Barb joins our workers’ compensation defense team after 21 years as a Colorado Workers’ Compensation Administrative Law Judge. She heard and decided claims, conducted mediations, arbitrations, and settlement conferences in workers’ compensation, regulatory agency, and human services cases. Prior to her appointment as an Administrative Law Judge, she worked as a litigation attorney representing both claimants and respondents.
After years on the bench, Barb’s favorite Winston Churchill quote, “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen,” illustrates her unique perspective on the practice of law. Her reputation for fairness and congeniality has won Barb the Professionals in Workers’ Compensation Award for the Outstanding Division of Workers’ Compensation/Office of Administrative Court’s Employee for diligent and effective contribution to the state’s workers’ compensation system.
- University of Denver College of Law (JD)
- Southern Illinois University (BS, with honors)
- “Hidden in Plain Sight: The Office of Administrative Courts ADR Program” Colorado Lawyer Vol. 43, No. 1 P. 31 (Jan. 2014)
- Speaker at many CBA seminars as an ALJ
- Speaker at the CTLA 2015 Annual Conference in Steamboat Springs, CO
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Professionals in Workers’ Compensation