Timothy K. Masterson
Tim is a native Californian who came to the Midwest to attend law school at the University of Minnesota. Although he intended to stay just long enough to obtain his degree, he fell in love with the Twin Cities and has called Minnesota home ever since. In the more than 25 years since, Tim has had the pleasure of representing a broad spectrum of clients faced with a myriad of legal issues that have ranged from the pursuit of damages arising out of fraudulent business dealings, to contract disputes and coverage opinions, to the defense of complex lawsuits involving complicated questions of medical diagnosis, causation and liability. Whether the client is an individual, a small start-up business, or a Fortune 500 company, Tim strives to ensure that he provides the same level of dedication and commitment to all.
Tim enjoys the challenge of practicing law and the satisfaction of successfully representing his clients. More so, he appreciates the relationships that develop over the course of a lawsuit. Thus, it is important to him that he takes the time needed to ensure that his clients understand the issues and the risks associated with each claim so that the best possible decisions can be made throughout the course of the litigation.
Outside of the office, Tim likes to spend time with his wife and three sons enjoying all that Minnesota has to offer – boating, fishing, hiking, biking, neighborhood restaurants, music and theater, foraging for morels and the like.
- University of Minnesota Law School (JD, cum laude)
- California State University, Sacramento (BS, with honors)
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- A.V.® Preeminent Rating™ from Martindale-Hubbell
- Minnesota Monthly Best Lawyers© – Railroad Law
- America’s Best© – Transportation Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel