Cheryl Hood LangelShareholder | Minnesota
"Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt."
Cheryl is a shareholder in the firm's civil-litigation practice. She has been admitted to practice since 1991 in the state courts of Minnesota and the federal courts of the District of Minnesota and the Eighth Circuit, and is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Appellate Practice section. She received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Minnesota Law School, and her B.A. in accounting, maxima cum laude, from Loras College, Dubuque, Iowa.
For over ten years, Cheryl has limited her practice to legal writing and argument. She primarily works on civil-litigation matters, with a focus on motions, appeals, and coverage opinions in a wide variety of case types. Cheryl loves the craft of writing and uses her skills to persuasively and succinctly present the legal issues pertinent to her clients. Her passion for writing started in elementary school - she still hopes to use her honed writing skills to publish that first novel!
In her spare time, Cheryl enjoys spending time with her husband Joe, son Ben, and daughter Abby. She reads fiction as often as she can, strives to someday play the fairway consistently, dreams of making a final poker table, and volunteers at the local food shelf.
- University of Minnesota (JD, cum laude)
- Loras College (BA, summa cum laude)
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Bar Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Minnesota Courtroom Evidence Deskbook (2d. Ed. 2013): 2014 and 2015 updates for Chapter 9, Opinons and Expert Testimony
- Risk-Shifting Indemnity Agreements in Construction: Are They Finally Demolished? Bench & Bar (August 2013)
- Community Involvement
- All Saints School Advisory Board, 1999 - 2002
- Personal Shopper, The Open Door, 2012 - present
- Professional Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mcmmlhead/public_html/templates/mbd_mcmml/html/com_k2/templates/people/item.php on line 447