Deborah L. CrowleyShareholder | Minnesota
- Areas of Practice:
- workers’ compensation
A little-known fact about Debby is that she could do a one-handed front walkover on the balance beam while participating on the Augsburg College gymnastics team. While her gymnastics days are over, she still likes to skate, bike, walk, and cross-country ski. After graduating from Augsburg College in 1976, Debby taught high school history and coached gymnastics. While still working full time, she attended William Mitchell College of Law from 1978 to 1982.
Since joining McCollum Crowley in 1989, Debby has focused her practice primarily in the area of Minnesota workers’ compensation law. Previously, she worked as a claim representative and as an in-house insurance defense attorney for a major insurance company. Debby is known for her attention to detail and was a coauthor of the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Deskbook Chapter on forms; she’s also spoken at the Workers’ Compensation Deskbook seminar, and the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Institute.
In addition, Debby has an active practice as a mediator and is an arbitrator for the Union Construction Workers’ Compensation Program.
- William Mitchell College of Law (JD)
- Augsburg College (BA, cum laude)
- Bar Admissions
- Contributing author: Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Deskbook, 4th and 5th Editions
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2008
- Recipient of Award of Excellence 2008 – Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Community Involvement
- Lecturer: Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Deskbook Seminar and Workers’ Compensation Institute
- Employers Workers’ Compensation Alliance for Case Summary Presentations
- Frequent speaker at seminars for clients relative to workers’ compensation issues
- Augsburg Women Engaged Philanthropy Council
- Professional Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota Employers Workers Compensation Alliance
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mcmmlhead/public_html/templates/mbd_mcmml/html/com_k2/templates/people/item.php on line 447