Fire and Explosion Investigation and LitigationOur attorneys have earned national acclaim through decades of effective representation in catastrophic loss litigation.
The world is full of firms that handle product liability and personal injury cases. Some have experience with fire and explosion cases. But very few of those, if any, can match the capabilities of the McCollum Crowley Fire and Explosion Team. Our attorneys have earned national acclaim through decades of effective representation in catastrophic loss litigation.
The Fire & Explosion Litigation Team at McCollum Crowley combines decades of experience and sophistication into a single, integrated resource. We have been on the front lines investigating almost every imaginable fire and explosion source and have represented clients in state, federal and appeals courts across the country.
Our attorneys have deep expertise in the art and science of investigations, fault analysis, causation theories, complex litigation, prevention support, appellate solutions and insurance coverage issues. They have learned through years of experience how to respond, manage, and represent the best interests of clients.
We genuinely hope our clients never need us. But if they do, we are here to contain the damage and proactively work toward resolution.
Our attorneys don't just say they have expertise in fire and explosion litigation, they are sought after industry experts. The accomplishments of our team include:
- Practiced fire and explosion litigation in 21 states and in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Members of the International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, International Association of Arson Investigators
- Successfully litigated natural gas/propane explosions as well as large-loss personal injury and property damage claims resulting from fires and explosions
- Presenter, National Fire Protection Association, topics include scientific testimony, expert witnesses, trial tactics and litigation management
- SuperLawyers ®
- Involvement with large scale fire and explosion litigation entire career
- HAZWOPER Certified (OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard)
- Acts on behalf of primary and excess carriers and insureds and self-insureds in Cause and Origin (C&O) investigations and early liability assessments
Losses currently handled by the Fire Litigation Team include:
- Richfield, Minnesota gas line explosion;
- Explosion of manufacturing facility in Spooner, Wisconsin
- Propane tank explosion in Dassel, Minnesota
- Pig farrowing facility destroyed by fire in Waseca County
- LP gas home explosion in Pepin, Wisconsin