Insurance Coverage Opinions and LitigationEvery business and individual needs insurance. We help our clients with every aspect of their insurance coverage needs.
The McCollum Crowley Insurance Coverage Team serves clients with a significant amount of demonstrated expertise unraveling complex insurance coverage issues and the disputes arising from them.
Every business and individual needs insurance. We help our clients with every aspect of their insurance coverage needs. We also represent large national insurance companies and defend insured businesses against claims brought against them. From providing advice on the appropriate coverage, to risk management, claims processing and negotiation, we are there for our clients to navigate this complex and highly regulated industry.
Our Insurance Coverage Team is also fully prepared to use every strategy possible to resolve a case including mediation or litigation if required. We also assist clients in structuring and implementing self-insurance programs. In conjunction with our Fire and Explosion Team, we are often retained immediately after a loss, to assist in cause and origin (C&O) investigations, reviewing claims submissions and making recommendations regarding coverage.
Our experience with insurance coverage spans the gamut of policy types including:
- Business Interruption Coverage
- Comprehensive/Commercial General Liability ("CGL") Policies
- Directors and Officers ("D&O") Policies
- Errors & Omissions ("E&O") Policies
- Umbrella Policies
- Automobile Policies
- Property Policies
- Builders Risk Policies
McCollum Crowley attorneys also have extensive experience in the defense of toxic tort claims brought against firms and manufacturers of potentially hazardous and toxic products, and in subrogating claims with other insurance companies.
Our Insurance Coverage Team is extremely involved in the insurance industry and is proud of our attorney’s involvement as:
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association, Insurance Coverage Litigation Section
- Member, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute, Insurance Coverage Section
- Co Chair and Member, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Insurance Law Institute
In addition we also deliver the inside perspective as many of our talented attorneys were recruited to join McCollum Crowley from positions in various insurance companies holding positions including:
- Senior Litigation Attorney, St. Paul Insurance Company
- Litigation Attorney, Wausau Insurance
- Staff Attorney, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company