Michael D. MillerShareholder | Minnesota
- Areas of Practice:
- workers’ compensation
Mike is a Vietnam vet who completed his undergraduate degree in Philosophy at the University of Minnesota. Finding no job openings for a philosopher, he opted for law school. After a short stint with the county attorney’s office, he entered workers’ compensation practice and has been doing employer defense exclusively since 1987. Mike joined McCollum Crowley in 1992 and has been a partner since 1995. He has successfully argued several important cases at the Minnesota Supreme Court, and he is a Rule 114 qualified neutral/mediator.
Mike has made many good friends through his work—both clients and fellow lawyers alike—whom he considers part of his extended family. Golf is a passion for Mike, as is cooking (he’s fair at both). Mike and his wife, Lissa, love to attend plays of all kinds and never miss the productions at the Minnetonka High School.
Dedication and thoughtful analysis are among the strengths Mike brings to all assignments. He works hard to keep his clients informed with all the necessary information they need and does so in a timely manner, which is greatly appreciated by his many clients. Often irreverent but always respectful, Mike is fun to work with.
- Hamline University (JD)
- University of Minnesota (BA)
- Bar Admissions
- Significant Cases
- Rural American Bank of Greenwald v. Herickhoff et al., 485 N.W.2d 702 (Minn.S.Ct.) successfully establishing new legal doctrine respecting debtor-creditor rights
- Taft v. Advanced United, 725 N.W.2d 725 (Minn.S.Ct.) successfully establishing jurisdictional and equitable apportionment doctrines
- Seehus v. Bor-Son Construction, Inc., 783 N.W.2d 144 (Minn 2010) MIGA jurisdictional case
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Community Involvement
- Service to U.S. Army Security Agency, Viet Nam 1969-1970
- Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association - Commercial Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mcmmlhead/public_html/templates/mbd_mcmml/html/com_k2/templates/people/item.php on line 447