Alex focuses on small business law and civil litigation. Before joining McCollum Crowley, she clerked for Zlimen & McGuiness, PLLC. She graduated magna cum laude from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in St. Paul.
Alex was offered full-tuition scholarships to three separate law schools. As a student, she wanted to blend practical experience with academic training, so she clerked full-time while attending classes by night. It’s the best decision she ever made—the hands-on experience taught her to spot and resolve common issues that small businesses face.
Alex grew up on a hobby farm in rural Minnesota. She’s never owned a dog but can tell you stories about memorable roosters and a goat named Edna. When not at the office, Alex can be found attending operas, scrapbooking, or perpetually painting her house. Her lifelong quest is for stronger coffee.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- University of St. Thomas (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Best Oralist, Mitchell Hamline 2018 Rosalie Wahl Moot Court
- Top 10 Oralist, Region 14, 2017 New York City Bar Association National Moot Court
- Surviving the “pretext” stage of McDonnell Douglas: Should employment discrimination and retaliation plaintiffs prove “motivating factors” or but-for causation? 40 Mitchell Hamline L. J. Pub. Pol’y Prac. 280 (2019).
- Professional memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Volunteer judge for high school speech and debate tournaments