Daniel J. Singel
Dan represents clients in Colorado, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota in construction, personal injury, insurance, and other civil matters. He has tried numerous jury trials, including multimillion-dollar exposures.
Rather than prattle on about the (top 20!) law school he went to or that he has taught more than a few (really good!) CLEs, Dan would rather people know that he genuinely likes helping his clients. He values his clients as individuals, understands their goals, and makes it his mission to do everything he can to accomplish those goals.
There are three things Dan hates spending money on: parking, ATM fees, and lawyers. He recognizes that few (no) people enjoy paying his bills, and he recognizes that part of being a good lawyer is understanding budgetary realities – clients should expect their lawyer to not just accomplish their goals in litigation, but to do so at a price that is fair.
When not lawyering, Dan enjoys making memories with his delightful wife and sweet kids, eating excellent food, painting seascapes, solving Monday crosswords, and binge-watching Netflix shows.
- University of Minnesota Law School (JD, cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (BS, summa cum laude)
- North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Levering Offers of Judgment in Personal Injury Settlement Negotiations, Strafford Publications, 2015
- Fee-Shifting in Civil Litigation, Strafford Publications, 2015
- MINNESOTA STATE DISTRICT COURT CIVIL PRACTICE DESKBOOK, Chapter 15: Rule 68 Offers, Minnesota CLE, 2009, 2014, 2015
- Strategies for Successfully Handling the No-Fault Claim: Practice Tips from an Arbitrator, Minnesota Association for Justice Center for Legal Education, 2014
- REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE: Construction Contracts: What You Need to Know About Indemnity and Insurance to Write an Enforceable Contract, Minnesota CLE, 2013, 2014
- Rule 68 Offers of Judgment in Settlement Negotiations: Leveraging Rule 68 to Induce Favorable Settlements While Avoiding Potential Pitfalls, Strafford Publications, 2013, 2014
- How to Litigate a Case in Minnesota State Court: How Cases are Won and Lost in Depositions, Minnesota CLE, 2013
- Your First Civil Case in Minnesota State Court, Chapter 3: Depositions, Minnesota CLE, 2012, 2013
- MINNESOTA DEFENSE LAWYERS ASSOCIATION RELEASE DESKBOOK, Chapter 3: Avoidance of Releases, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, 2006, 2011
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association